OIL MARKETS & TRADING SHORT COURSE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This training provides a better understanding of the structure of the markets, the uses and the impacts of physical and financial markets for crude oil and petroleum products.
- OIL SUPPLY & DEMAND FUNDAMENTALS
- Energy resources.
- Energy demand and supply.
- Oil producing countries, OPEC, consuming countries, international oil companies: constraints and strategies.
- General features.
- The market and its players-fixing of the freight rate (Worldscale).
- Chartering contracts.
- Risk control and environmental protection.
- CRUDE & PETROLEUM PRODUCTS PHYSICAL TRADING
- What is the value of a crude oil? The refiner’s point of view.
- Different types of contracts: long term, spot and forward.
- Main oil markets and their features.
- Key benchmark crudes.
- The role of the PRAs (price reporting agencies).
- Links between Trading and Shipping.
- Products trading.
- Main provisions of a sale/purchase contract.
- EXCHANGES & FUTURES TRADING
- The concept of volatility
- Definition of a contract: the cases of WTI and Brent.
- Exchanges and their organization: the cases of NYMEX and ICE.
- Main Futures Markets.
- Hedging principles.
- Hedging imperfections, basis risk.
- Market structure (contango, backwardation).
- Case studies.
- Options: principles, basics and characteristics.
- Interests and limits of options.
- Swaps: principles, basics and characteristics.
- Interests and limits of swaps.
- HEDGING STRATEGIES – VARIOUS CASE STUDIES ON HEDGING
- For a refiner.
- For a crude oil producer.
- For a marketer.
- For an industrial consumer.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the parameters which influence prices of crude oil and prices of petroleum products,
- Review the different oil trading markets by type of transaction,
- Understand the importance of maritime transport costs in oil supply economics,
- Comprehend hedging techniques available for protection against fluctuations in prices.
FEE: Contact Support Consultant
TIME AND VENUE
- Time: October 2020
- Duration: 4 days
- Venue: Hochiminh City
CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN BMSGROUP GLOBAL
Mobile : 0913 58 59 60
Office : 0243 226 226 6 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hanoi : 19 Floor, FLC Twins, 265, Cau Giay District, Hà Noi City
TP.HCM Office: 152 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, 3 District, Hochiminh City