REFINING PROCESSES & PETROLEUM PRODUCTS
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- This course provides a broad technical information on refining processes and petroleum products, enabling a rapid immersion in the refining industry.
- Professionals in the Oil & Gas industry or related sectors (in the technical, commercial, legal, finance, or HR departments) interested in oil refining.
- PETROLEUM PRODUCTS
- Energy and non-energy products and their main uses, CO2emissions and main regulated pollutants in the end use.
- Principal components of petroleum products; general hydrocarbon classification and main impurities (sulfur, nitrogen, metals and asphaltenes, etc.).
- Quality requirements imposed on petroleum products in view of their utilization: quality specifications measured by standard tests, characteristics related to the product composition, origin and processing routes.
- New trends in market structure and product characteristics to European and worldwide scale, post-combustion depollution systems, biofuels (nature, alternative fuel pathways for transport, strengths and weaknesses).
- REFINING PROCESSES
- Crude oil fractionation:
- Origin, overall characteristics and classification of crude oils.
- Yields and properties of straight-run cuts obtained by distillation, potential destinations.
- Industrial units: atmospheric distillation, vacuum distillation, light-ends fractionation.
- Typical process scheme, operating conditions, energy consumption.
- Catalytic reforming and isomerization:
- Octane improvement of virgin naphthas.
- Basics of processes, types of catalyst, product yields and hydrogen production.
- Industrial units: process flowsheets, operating conditions, equipment, low pressure processes.
- Hydrorefining processes:
- Main features of impurities removal by catalytic hydrogen treatment.
- Main refining applications.
- Example of ULSD hydrotreatment unit: operating principles, operating conditions.
- Scrubbing treatments: amine washing, sulfur production, treatment of residual gases from Claus units.
- Conversion units:
- Outline of conversion and various cracking processes.
- Characteristics and origin of feeds for cracking.
- Conversion by means of thermal cracking: visbreaker, various cokers.
- Conversion by means of catalytic cracking: FCC and related units, gasoline sweetening and desulfurization, alkylation, production of MTBE, ETBE and propylene, hydrocracker and related units, hydrogen production (SMR, POX).
- Recent developments in hydrotreatment and hydroconversion of heavy residues.
- Hydrogen balance in the refinery, energy consumption per unit, CO2emissions at the outlet of the refinery.
- Other processes for production of petroleum products: GTL, synthetic crude oils.
- MANUFACTURING FLOWSHEETS
- Main routes to major products.
- Up to date refining schemes including the production of petrochemical intermediate products.
- Impacts of the evolution of market demand and the quality of the products on manufacturing patterns.
- Base lube oil manufacturing.
- Virtual visit of a refinery using the augmented reality will enable the trainees to gain a direct understanding of the field life.
- MAIN ECONOMIC FEATURES OF REFINERY OPERATION
- Prices of crude oils and products, operating costs, economic margin of a refinery.
- Examples of flexibility in operation and its economic consequences.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- describe the composition, main characteristics and new trends of petroleum products,
- explain the role of various processing units in a refinery,
- describe the main manufacturing schemes encountered in oil refining,
- assess the economic environment of this industry.
TIME AND VENUE
- Time: November 2020
- Duration: 4 days
- Venue: Hochiminh City
CÔNG TY CỔ PHẦN BMSGROUP GLOBAL
Mobile : 0913 58 59 60
Office : 0243 226 226 6 Email: email@example.com
Hanoi Office : 19 Floor, FLC Twins, 265, Cau Giay District, Hà Noi City
TP.HCM Office: 152 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, 3 District, Hochiminh City